Monday, August 4, 2008

Looking through our gate into our neighbors yard

THERE AINT NOTHIN'
LIKE GOOD NEIGHBORS

When you have great neighbors, every day is beautiful.
We first met our neighbor to the south of us one day while
he was out gardening and we did the "farmer type lean on
the fence to chat" thing and Sherm brought his shovel over
to lean on and discuss the trials of gardening. After chatting
for some time he smiled and told us "There aint nothin' like
good neighbors, and he was so right. He shares squash and
cabbages, tomatoes and apples with us each year, and we
share our apricots, pears and peaches with him. Our neighbor
to the north of us shares onions, the most incredible dinner
rolls you will ever taste and as soon as her chickens start
to lay we can have all the eggs we want. I am also eyeing
her corn and I am certain she will be bringing us a few ears.
We have gates that open into each neighbors garden from our
yard to theirs, you gotta be really nice people and trust each
other to do that sorta thing.
Next year perhaps we will have a "real" garden, not just an herb
garden with peppers, tomatoes, and eggsplant. But I am not
complaining, I love what I have, I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

farmerjulie said...

Nice neighbors make all the differnce! Lucky you! You live in such a lovley place! and you and Tiffany look so much like eachother. :)

Elli said...

hi grandma! that must be fun living somewhere with such a long growing season! you need to show me pictures!

Elli said...

Hi my mom! Just looking at your cute blog... Love you to pieces!
Me

The Childrens Nest said...

Oops, the note above was supposed to be from me not Elli bells! He he he
Love, Tiff