Saturday, August 2, 2008

MOORE Apricots ....Whew!!!

One more day at the hot stove and dealing with these lovely orange fruits. I am reminded of my first year in Colorado when I was so excited to see the beautiful, lithe deer bounding through our property but by the end of the fifth year I was calling them other names other than beautiful due to the fact that they loved munching on my flowers, roots and all.
Oh but the apricot nectar and the pint jars of apricots really are lovely and I am so glad I got them done! One more batch of apricot syrup and I am finished just in time to enjoy the onset of the pear world. Am I too old for this? Have I picked off more than I can can? Nah, just a very long day. Carl's car had a bad tire and I had to go into town, 30 minute drive, to pick him up. The next day he took my car and while driving it, he realized it had a serious problem, so it is in the shop also. I am now consigned to drive the big red truck with the giant doolies, dulies, whatever they are they are large side by side tires and the back of the truck is filled with Pooh Pouri that we hauled from my nephews' ranch, that he is the caretaker of, for my garden. I do believe the truck must be 40 feet long or so it seems. But it does give one the feeling of being in complete control. I am one classy chic, but isn't that what my world is all about. Loving the land and the peeps. It's a good life.

No comments: